Metro DX Meeting Minutes, Feb 17, 2023.
Tinley Park EOC and Zoom.
NG9R K9DRS KD9SJC W9KXT N9EA K9CJ N9TK W9PDS K9BBQ K9AJ K9NB WT2P W9ILY K9GA KD9VQG AB8YK
- A motion to accept the previous meetings notes was put forward and accepted.
- Welcome new members KD9VSM, WB4IUY, KD9VQG
- Treasury update: W9ILY reports all dues are paid and the balance stands at $1688.
Discussion on fundraising ideas, including white elephant sale at Hamfesters.
Thanks to WT2P for his $100 donation!
- DX Roundtable: A few members worked 3Y0J and FT8WW. Congratulations to N9TK for his top of honor roll for FT8WW, and congratulations to W9ILY for being 2 away from top with ATNOs for FT8WW and 3Y0J.
- Contest update: ARRL DX CW this weekend. WT2P gave a live update from K9CT contest
station. Good luck to K9CT team!
- Many thanks to Matt K9BBQ for providing excellent mugs and coasters for club members!
- W9PDS presented club survey results to members in attendance. Full report will follow in email.
- Upcoming events of interest:
Hamfesters White Elephant sale is March 3rd at 6:00pm at South Ridge Church. Members are encouraged to donate proceeds of ham gear at the sale if possible to the Metro DX fund.
Steve W9KXT mentioned an upcoming seminar on Feb 22 at Oakton College presented by the IEEE on Antennas. Pizza will be provided at 6:00pm and the presentation starts at 7:00. Please see Steve’s email to the club reflector for details.
- Main presentation:
Many thanks to AB8YK for presenting his Dave Kalter, KB8OCP Memorial Youth DX adventure
program. More information on the program can be found at https://qsl.net/n6jrl/.
- 73, DE W9PDS